A LITTLE BOY WHO IS LOOKING FOR A JOB


 The Boy Who Tested Himself"


(A story about honesty, humility, and self-evaluation)















A little boy walked into a public telephone   booth and dialed a number. 
 The store owner nearby quietly listened to the conversation. 


Boy: "Madam, I am a poor boy. Could you give me a job cutting grass on your farm?


Woman: "I already have someone who cuts my lawn.


Boy: "Madam, I will cut your lawn for half the price of the person who is doing it now.


Woman: "I’m very satisfied with the person currently cutting my lawn.



Still hopeful, the boy continued:

Boy: "I’ll even sweep your house floors and the stairs for free.


Woman: "No thank you.


With a smile on his face, the boy gently hung up the phone.


The store owner, who had been listening, walked up to him and said:

Son, I like your attitude. I admire your positive spirit and determination. I’d like to offer you a job.



The boy smiled and politely replied:

No, thank you, sir.



The store owner, confused, asked:
But weren’t you just looking for a job?



The boy answered:
"No, sir. I already have a job. I work for the lady I just called. I was checking how satisfied she is with my work."


Moral of the Story:

True character is shown not just by how hard we work, but by how we reflect, improve, and stay humble.




Comments